Discussion: Bonk by Mary Roach
Posted by Makyo on Sep 14, 2013
Yay marfs! In July we read Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach, an exploration into the way sex is studied and some of the results.
You can join us at the hangout here!
If you have finished the book by the time the discussion starts, feel free to join us in the hangout! If you do not want to join in on the discussion on the video call but would still like to join in the discussion overall, you may do so by mentioning @bookmarfs on twitter, commenting here, or joining the #bookmarfs IRC channel on Anthrochat or Furnet. Remember, we’ll be talking about the book from start to finish, so it will be hard to avoid spoilers; just something to keep in mind! Hangout tips:
- If you’re not talking, it’s a good idea to mute yourself. You can click on the microphone in the upper left corner, or hit Ctrl+d
- If someone forgets to mute themselves and you can hear typing, munching, dogs howling, or whatever, you can mute them – if you get muted, remember it’s not intended as a slight, we’re just staying focused!
- Hangouts will try to focus on whoever is talking at the time, so try not to talk over others too much!
- If you are participating in the hangout, please leave this page or mute the video. The broadcast runs a few seconds behind, and it will echo terribly!
New things for this hangout:
- We’ll be trying to limit the length of the discussion to 45-60 minutes this time around.
- We’ll still be following the rubric posted here, but will be aiming to maintain a fairly positive discussion; discussing the problems with the text is fine, but we’re all here to have a good time!
Hope to see you today!